“We have a problem. How are we going to get Jesus off the run? He is too perfect. He does know a lot, but he is teaching crazy things. People are following him like crazy. If we don’t do something, they will not obey our laws anymore, they will stop following traditions that we received from our fathers. Does anyone have any idea?” “Yes, I do. I know what I need to ask to corner him.”
“Oh great, you are the expert in the law, you do it!”
The Pharisees went to Jesus and one of them asked him, “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
“OK, OK, I get it. I love God, I’m a part of the church, I read the word, I pray, I love singing to our Lord, I love being with my church family. I feel I was created for all that.”
This is a great start. Yet the church was made to do more. Paul says, “For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” Let’s put neighbors and good deeds together. What do we get?



No comments:
Post a Comment